Tuesday, May 15, 2012

a housewarming party



A few weeks ago, my boyfriend and I hosted a housewarming party.  We just wanted to get our old friends together to celebrate our new place.  Here's how we did it:


1.  Invitations
We sent a Paperless Post invitation to our guests.  This picture was taken on moving day, at the moment I realized our new apartment didn't have enough storage.

Paperless Post is my preferred e-invitation website because not only do the invitations look like actual stationery, but it doesn't allow a "maybe" response and guests can't see the guest list.  "Maybe" responses are the worst and guests should attend because they want to attend, not because someone else is attending.

2.  Decorations
I knew I wanted to craft something for the party, so I made this welcome banner using scrapbooking paper and ribbon and hung it on our mantle.  I also made food labels since a few of our guests had dietary restrictions.  French cheeses with their names on flags are so chic.

3.  Favors
I baked a few dozen cookies, put them in little bags, and tied them with yellow ribbon and a "thanks for visiting" note.  Favors aren't usually given at housewarming parties, but I liked the idea of sending our friends home with something homemade at the end of the night.


We hope everyone had a great time at the party.  My boyfriend and I feasted on party leftovers for days, and are looking forward to drinking all of the bottles of wine we received.  That's the thing about hosting.  It might be super stressful, but at least people bring you wine.


Fuzzy pictures courtesy of my iPhone 3Gs.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Good to know about this house warming party. Few weeks ago, I arranged my new house warming party at a graceful event space around. Decorated the venue with amazing flowers and ornaments. Famous bakers provided snacks and yummy cake. Had a lovely party there.

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates